Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

Early Encounters in Aotearoa

The first explorer to arrive in New Zealand was Abel Tasman in 1642.                          Abel Tasman
Image result for abel tasman
He named New Zealand Nouvea Zealandia.
The next explorer to come to NZ was Captain James Cook and he arrived in 1769.
The navigator that helped Captain Cook was Tupaia.
The Europeans brought pigs, potatoes, ship rats and disease.
Then there was the musket war, it ended in the late 1830s.

  
                                                  
                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Qyn
    Well done on recalling these facts about the early Europeans in Aotearoa. Now you know who some of our places, parks and mountains are named after.
    Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.