Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The Martians Movie Review

The Martians
Prior Knowledge: Before watching, what do you predict this movie might be about just from the title and the movie poster?????? 

I think that it is about an astronaut stranded in Mars. 


10 minutes: Pause. What have you noticed so far? Fill in as many of these categories as you can: 

Characters: Mark Watney, Chris Beck, Beth Johanssen, Malissa Lewis/ Commander, Rick Martinez, Alex Vogel, Teddy Sanders and Mitch Henderson.

Setting:  Mars and Earth

What have you seen? Three details

  1. Mav Space craft   
  2.  Storm 
  3.  Mark Watney left behind  

What important events have happened? Record big moments as you watch.

First, He needed to get water for the plants and he used their poop for the soil. 


Then, He needed a heater but he can turn it on. The people in NASA saw things being moved around.


Next, They have to figure out how to communicate with mark.

Ending: what happened? 
Hermes made a plan to catch Mark, then the commander grabs him and they made their way to the ship. A few years later there was a new mission. 


Did any of your predictions come true?
I was right about a person being stranded in mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.