Pages

Monday, August 31, 2020

WW1

This week we are learning about WW1 and we have to answer a set of questions. 

WHAT?  What happened to cause the war?  the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary. WHO? Who was fighting whom?  Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkey and the Ottoman Empire fought against Great Britain, France, Russia, Italy, Romania, Japan and the United States. WHERE?  Where did they fight? It took place around Europe. WHEN?    What years did WWI cover?  It was in 1914 through 1918. WHY?      Why were they fighting? They were fighting because an Archduke was assassinated and that's how the war started   HOW? How did they fight? What weapons and tactics did they use? They used trenches, Guns, toxic gas and warships

2 images of scenes from WWI to support your facts.

World War I | Facts, Causes, & History | Britannica

How the Trauma and Struggles of World War I Helped Shape the Modern World |  Duke Today

1 comment:

  1. Very good responses to introductory questions. Good to see you've listed a selection of weapons and tactics. Can you imagine how hideous it must have been in the trenches? Good choice of pics.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.