Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

How does resistance affect current

(V) Voltage definition: Voltage is how much energy the electrons are carrying. Measured in volts. 
(I) Current definition: Current is how fast the electrons are moving. Measured in amps.
(R) Resistance definition: Resistance is used to slow/ resist the flow of current. Measured in ohms.

The resistance on the left circuit is 10 ohms and it is going slower than the circuit on the right. It shows
resistance when the light is dimmer. The more resistance the dimmer the light and the slower the current. The less resistance the faster the electrons/current move.  It is going slower because the resistance is making the electrons work harder. 

   







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.