Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Quotation marks

This week we are learning about Quotation marks, like where and where not to put them, for example, you put quotation marks when saying a title of a book, song or other works. One of the other things is where to put the commas and full stops. Here are some examples.

1. Write a sentence where someone speaks. 

"I don't have my work," says Natalie.

2. Write a sentence using a song title. 

One of the songs I listen to is "Dreams" by Grent Perez.

3. Write a sentence where someone asks a question.

"Can we get ice cream?" asked Kurt.

4. Write a sentence where someone says something, and there's an exclamation point

"I need help!" yells Mum.

5. Write a sentence where someone says a quotation from someone else.
He says he's "not feeling well" but that's not what we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.