Pages

Monday, November 8, 2021

Myths, Legend, Fairy tales & Fables

Myth is a story that is passed on by generations, it is about how things came to be, supernatural or phenomenons. A popular myth is a Greek Mythology. 

Legend is about someone who did a heroic deed but some facts are exaggerated. An example of a legend is "Sadako". 

Fairy tale is more for kids and in a fairy tale, there is always a good character and an evil character. An example of a fairy tale is "little red riding hood" by Charles Perrault. 

Fable is a story that has a good lesson to be learnt. It is more focused on animals like the "Ugly duckling".

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.