Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Science& MAth project

 Aim: to have a fully functioning house with a floor plan and to learn about ohms law, resistance, current and voltage. 


Method: The floor plan we chose is floor plan C. There are 12 bulbs around the house on 5 paths. In our house, there is a conservatory, living and dining, kitchen, 1 bedroom, cinema/ gaming room, lounge and bathroom/laundry room. 


Results:

Discussion: Voltage is how much energy the electrons are carrying and it is measured in volts. Current is how fast the electrons are moving and is measured by amps. Resistance is how hard it is trying to stop the electrons from moving around the circuit. Resistance is measured by ohms. 

We didn’t need to calculate the resistance since it was already set up for us. The resistance for the bulbs is 25ohms whilst the voltage for the battery is 200. To calculate the voltage of each path, we divided 200V by how many bulbs are on a path, e.g bulb 1= 200v because 200V÷1=200V. To calculate the current we used the formulae V÷R=I. V being the voltage, R is resistance and I is the current. E.g path 1=8A because 200V÷25ohms=8A. We calculated the area by dividing up the rooms and multiplying the length and width. Our calculations tells us the voltage, current and area of the house. Our calculations made sense because we used the proper formulae. 

Conclusion: I enjoyed the project because I got to learn about something new and I didn’t expect that I would like it. I wouldn’t do anything differently or change the floor plan because I think it would be a little too easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.