Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

Reading T2 W2


This week we are reading Kahawai, it is about in the future were earth was polluted.
Kahawai


WALT: use what we already know to make meaning within a story.


Task
Work on this Doc together with a buddy, or in a group of 3.


When do you think this story takes place? I.e. If in the future, how many years into the future?
  • I think it took place in 3000s when there are more pollution and fewer peoples.


Is this the first time Āreta and Trish have taken the boat out fishing. Yes/ No
  • No, it is not the first time that they have taken the boat out fishing.
  • How do you know?
    • because they probably have no other way of getting their food from fishing.  



What do you think the author means by regular people when he says “...
back when regular people could still get petrol.”?
  • I think it means when people back in the day when there was no pollution.


In this story, what exactly does the Forest refer to?
  • It refers to like the tall white pillars


Where is this story set do you think?
  • I think the story was set in the polluted beach
What are the clues that tell you this?
    • It shows that they are on the beach because of what the pictures show in the book.


Why is Grandma Trish so excited to find a Kahawai again. What has happened to them?
  • She is excited to find a kahawai again because the water is dirty and she might think that there is no more kahawai alive.
Explain why you think this.
    • I think that’s why because the earth was polluted.


Why do Trish and Āreta let the Kahawai go back into the water?
    • They let the kahawai go back in the water because in the future āreta there could be a school of kahawai.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.