Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Hunt for the WilderPeople film review

This is a film review for The hunt for the Wilderpeople. Firstly, this film was directed by one of the most infamous directors in New Zealand, Taika Waititi. He has worked with Marvel to make the movie Thor come to life. The movie has a great plot to it. There wasn't any time where I was confused about what's happening in the movie. The Hunt for the Wilderpeople was released on March 31, 2016. The Movie starred Julian Dennison as Ricky Baker, Sam Neill as Hec and Rima Te Wiata as Bella. 

The plot of the film is about a young boy being moved home from home because he is a foster child, he is also a very rebellious kid in the city that's why the social services decided to move him to the countryside with a couple, Bella and Hec. Bella ends up dying in the first 30 mins of the film, Ricky has to move to another family because there wasn't a motherly figure anymore but he didn't want to, resulting in him running away with Hec and causing an entire manhunt. By the end of the film he got to stay with a family he met along the way with Hec.

The emotions of the characters were carried out nicely, it was obvious what they were feeling because of how they act and not just their facial expression. I think the movie is good to watch with your family but be cautious because there is certain language that might not be suitable for a younger audience. I would give it a four out of five because the movie was great but not outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.