Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

Types of Energy

What we are learning 

We are learning about the different types of energy and energy transformation. 

8 types of energy:

- Heat energy- It gives energy to particles to move faster and create heat.

-Light energy- From x rays and visible light.

-Sound energy- Vibrating particles that create sounds.

-Kinetic energy- It allows anything to move.

-Electrical energy- Anything that uses electricity.

-Gravitational energy- Energy found in objects high off the ground.

-Chemical potential energy- Energy that is found in chemicals like food.

-Elastic energy- Found in stretched things.  


Energy transformation

Energy does not get created or destroyed, it just moves from one type to another = transformation. 

Marshmallow cannons 

1. Cut the base off a cup.

2. Cut a balloon 1/2 way down the neck of it.

3.  Stretch the balloon.

4. Carefully put the balloon over the base of the cup. 


This is a demonstration of how the different types of energy transfer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.