Pages

Monday, August 30, 2021

Week 6 do now: Hurricanes

Two new things I learnt from a video about how hurricanes form is that once the clouds spinning reaches 74mph that's when the hurricane starts. Hurricanes can be huge and they can be 10 miles high and 1,000 miles across. 

Hurricane season is between June and December, while September is the peak of the season.  Another thing is that Curacao tends to be dryer than the other islands in hurricane season because wherever the hurricane is, it is taking all the wind. The last time a hurricane hit Curacao was in 1877 but I think in the story of The Cay a hurricane will strike. 



1 comment:

  1. Kamusta Qyn

    Thanks for sharing your hurricane work. I like how you were able to make a prediction about the text and connect it to why we are learning about hurricanes!

    Keep up the good work from home :)

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.