Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

New Zealand policies

For social studies we are looking at becoming Prime Minister, yesterday we were asked to look at the New Zealand Policies. On the NZ Policy site, there are a few tabs about different topics and if you click it there's even more. The one I focused on the most was community and inclusion. Here are the Policies that I liked most. 








Community and inclusion 

Animal welfare 

Increase funding for animal welfare programmes

Oppose most animal testing

Disability 

Continue increasing the number of learning support coordinators in schools 

Provide greater support for public leadership for the disability community

free expression and hate speech 

Implement a national action plan to help eliminate everyday racism and discrimination

Rainbow community 

Ensure healthcare is responsive to the needs of trans, intersex and gender diverse people

Work with schools to make school more inclusive for rainbow students

Increase funding for rainbow youth mental health services

Increase funding for rainbow youth mental health services

Young people 

Provide free counselling to everyone under 25

Involve young people in policy decisions that affect them 


Education 

schools 

Increase teacher professional development for literacy, numeracy and STEM subjects

Expand free school lunches programme 

Environment

Ban some hard to recycle single-use plastic items by 2025

Standardise kerbside recycling nationwide

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Qyn! I really like your policies because these policies can make the Country. My favorite one is
    Involve young people in policy decisions that affect them. One more feedback that I can give is to fix your words because they are really messy and all over the place.

    Alex - . .

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.