Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Turon

On Friday we made turon which is a Filipino snack. we made turon because for this lesson we got to choose what we wanted to make. My stakeholder was my friends, they didn't have any dietary needs and likes any Filipino food.



Instructions:

Prepare the wrappers by peeling them apart, then cover the peeled wrappers with a damp paper towel to keep them moist. Peel the bananas and cut each into halves lengthwise. Place the brown sugar into a flat dish and roll the slices of banana completely covering each slice with a generous amount of brown sugar. Place a banana slice along the end of the pastry closer to you. Fold both sides (left and right) of the wrapper inward towards the banana. Use water to moisten the wrappers so it is easier to fold. Now roll it towards the other end away from you. Use water again to seal the edge. Heat oil in a frying pan over low heat. Once the oil is hot, add some of the wrapped bananas and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the wrapper turns golden brown. Drain them on a paper towel and serve while warm and the wrapper is crispy.

Instructions by Foxy folks


My friends really liked the Turon, they said they could really taste the banana but they wished the banana was sweeter. They said they smelt really good and they liked how crispy the outside was.

Next time I should add more brown sugar since they said they would like it to be sweeter but other than that I wouldn't change anything  

Lhysette and I worked well because it was familiar to us. It was really easy for us to make because we already knew how to make it and because we both cook it with our mums. There weren't any difficulties when it came to making them.

Overall it was really fun and easy to make Turon and people seemed to like it when they tasted it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.