Pages

Monday, June 21, 2021

What is Debating

Today we are learning the different terms in debating, we are doing this because on the last week of term we are doing an election as a part of our social studies. 

Debating- It is when people argue about something but in a formal way.

Pro vs con- The pro stands for the proposition and the con is opposition. The pro is also for "for" and the con is for "against". 

Proposition-  Proposition can either be true or false, it is a statement that provides support or evidence. 

Opposition-  They are on the other side of the proposition, They express their beliefs and they could disagree with the opponent. 

Order of Debate- It is pretty self-explanatory because what it means is the sequence of how the debate goes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.