Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Policies and Facts

 5 policies that I really like

  • Increase funding for animal welfare programmes 

  • Implement a national action plan to help eliminate everyday racism and discrimination

  • Work with schools to make school more inclusive for rainbow students

  • Involve young people in policy decisions that affect them 

  • Expand free school lunches programme 

6 facts about working in government 

  • Members of parliament usually earn between $160,000 and $180,000 a year. 

  • The Prime Minister's salary is set at $470,000.

  • Most mayors and regional council chairs can earn between $52,000 and $190,000. The mayor of Auckland is New Zealand's highest paid mayor and earns about $270,000 a year.

  • usually work full time, though some, particularly community board members, work part time and do other jobs.

  • at least 18 years old.

  • a New Zealand citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.