Pages

Friday, May 21, 2021

Jacinda Ardern and Good Leadership Qualities

7 Defining Characteristics Of Jacinda Ardern's Leadership Style | British  VogueJacinda Ardern 

  • Shows empathy 

  • Great speaker 

  • Relatable to others 

  • Respects everyone 

  • Shows compassion


Important timeline of Jacinda Ardern

She is New Zealand’s 3rd female Prime Minister. She was 18 when she first joined the Labour party. She is the youngest female person to become a prime minister.


1980 was when Jacinda Ardern was born.


She joind the Labour party in 1999.


In 2005 she went to Britin for an Overseas experience.


2008 was when she was first elected to be an MP in the general election.


At 28 years old she joined The House of Representatives as the youngest member


In 2017 she was elected to be New Zealand’s Prime Minister and became the youngest head of government in over 150 years. 


March 15 was when people saw her in a different way, the compassionate and empathic side of her. 


In 2020 she received global praise for how she handled Covid-19 resulting in being crowned the “best responder”. 


During the white island tragedy she comforted the first responders with hugs and that became iconic.


Personal thoughts 

The qualities that I think are important in a leader are…

  • Listens to the people

  • Compassionate

  • Shows empathy

  • Great speaker


I think Jacinda Ardern shows those qualities and that's what makes her a good leader. 





The source that I used is right here.

Via: britannica,Time  


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.