Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Rat dissection

On Tuesday we dissected a rat, the rat was albino so there wasn't any pigmentation meaning the skin and the rest of its body was white apart from the eyes because it was red. 

The main reason why we did the dissection was to identity its organs, the organs that we saw were its heart, lungs, long intestines, small intestines, stomach and when we were opening it up we saw the rib cage.

The first thing that we did was cut open the chest, then we carefully used the scissors to cut downwards without puncturing any of the organs. We were having a bit of trouble cutting it open because the arms wouldn't stay in place so we pinned them down. We made sure that we didn't cut open the large intestine which has all its faeces. 

After that, we just looked at its organs like the small intestine which was a lot longer than I thought it would be. We also took pictures but I won't be showing them for obvious reasons. 

When we were finished we wrapped the rat with newspaper then wiped down the tables and washed our hands even though we were wearing gloves. 

I personally didn't enjoy it that much but I don't really mind doing it again

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.